cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract - huge problem

paprykos
Joining in

Can someone help me and explain what to do?

My contact with Virgin media expired at 05/11/2023

I contacted them through webchat at 21/11/2023 to cancel my broadband as I'm not that crazy to pay £69 for Internet.

Got confirmation from an agent that my contact will finish 22/11/2023 (I had screenshot from whole conversation) 

I went for Christmas holliday when we back my broadband from virgin was still live 

Contacted them same date one again through webchat at 29/12/2023 to notify them that something went wrong and I cancelled my direct debit because my broadband should be disconnected few days ago. Agent replied that there is no information in the system about my resignation from thier service and he told me that I need to wait another 30 days so I replied that I will not wait a single day more as it wasn't my fault and I had a proof that I contacted them to cancel my broadband so agent replied that the can disconnect my service at 30/12/2023. Today I received final bill where I was charged for early disconnection fee that I will obviously not pay as DD has been cancelled.

Can someone help me solve this problem? Where I should write to solve this issue and what should I write?

I have screenshots from all conversations, even on last one agant write that I will be billed till my disconnection date.

This is very frustrating, I spend few hours on webchat.... 

Please help

Patryk 

3 REPLIES 3

paprykos
Joining in

Amd I can't complain by web form as I'm getting issue that my service has been disconnected and I'm no longer thier customer. 

Hi paprykos, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with cancelling your services. When you do contact us to cancel your services, there would be a 30 day notice period otherwise there would be a disconnection charge. As you mentioned you contacted us on 21st November, usually, the services would continue until 21st December. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi paprykos, 

Thanks for taking the time to stick with me via private message. 

I'm glad I was able to help get things resolved for you. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs