cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Stephenmummery
Tuning in

When I contacted virgin media by phone some months ago i was impressed that they seemed to have improved their customer services.

Oh dear not so. I received my virginmedia bill which includes a landline. There was a charge over and above my package. Looking at the bill the item was not in detail. There was no phone number shown that I dialled to incur the extra charge. On the webiste it says to contact Virginmedia. I tried, oh how i tried being sent in circles never able to speak to a human being. At long last I selected the technical fault option and finally spoke to a person. From then on the matter was quickly resolved. However to get to that stage took me almost half and hour of trying to speak to a person. This is unacceptable. It transpired during my conversation with a " human" that it is possible to show the number dialled and he advised me that he had altered my account to in future show any number dialled that incurs any extra charge. Why is it not automatically set up so that customers can look at their bill and see straightaway the reason for the extra charge? Common sense to me and would save both the customers time and Virginmedia customer service agents time as well

Spoiler

Spoiler
I
2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

30 minutes is not a long time to get through to a human when it comes to VM.

You were lucky.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stephenmummery 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about t=the experience you have had in relation to call charges. If the calls cost less than 50p each time, then they would be placed into a single charge on your monthly bill. This is the default behaviour on all accounts.

Upon request, we can update your itemisation limit, which would then show any calls that have been charged at more than 1p.

I'm going to send you a private message, to confirm that this has been done. Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ