cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel account

Micka
Tuning in

I have been a customer of Virgin media for over 20 years. I am now out of contract but my bill is now £153 per month.

I have tried ringing them, live chat, WhatsApp, and text but cannot get to speak to anyone re cancelling.

is there a moderator that can assist.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

davetj_uk
Joining in

Hi Micka.  I cancelled my contract on the 2nd October.  Try phone just before 8am.  It may drop the call if the lines are no open, but just re-dial immediately until you call is answered.  The only problem then is the lack of English speaking agents that can understand your issues.  It took me over 30 minutes just to get through the security questions.  They will try their best to keep you as a customer, but if you really want to leave then stick to your guns that you want to leave.  You may be passed over to a supervisor at this point, and if you still want to leave they will pass you over to a UK based agent as a last port of call.  Make sure if your using a mobile phone that it has been fully charged the night before as it took me well over an hour.  Also, when they put you on hold there is no background music so don't think they have cut you off..  Just hold the line until your call is answered.  It's beyond belief how we, as customers are treated by Virgin Media.  I've been with them for over 22 years!  My leave date is 1st November, but I've still had no confirmation email on this as yet.. Good luck!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Micka 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

It's a shame to hear that you're considering leaving us. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with this here but if you would like to discuss cancelling your contract or negotiating a new deal, please use one of the following contact methods:

Call: 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (the best time to try will be between 8am - 10am when call volumes are low)
WhatsApp: +44 7305 327 112
You can also write to us to request cancellation and there's more info 👉 here

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs