cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reset Memorable Word

UltimateRoboLvr
Joining in

I'm trying to call but it says that I need my memorable word. I don't recall setting one, so I've looked under Account Settings online and there's no option to either see or change it (there is no Telephone Security Details section). Curiously, my account number is also missing from the top of the page, so maybe something is broken.

I've tried it on Firefox and Edge. This is all of the options that I see:

UltimateRoboLvr_1-1712242919055.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @UltimateRoboLvr 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I would be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. Please do be aware if you currently have a Virgin email as your log in username for My Virgin Media you will need to reset this to a third party email for future use. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

UltimateRoboLvr
Joining in

I've just tried to use WhatsApp to ask about this: what a thankless exercise. I selected Account Access > My Virgin Media access and now it insists that I must want to do email address recovery, a password reset, or sign up for My Virgin Media. Nothing I type will take me back to the beginning. Shockingly bad.

Hi there @UltimateRoboLvr 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I would be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. Please do be aware if you currently have a Virgin email as your log in username for My Virgin Media you will need to reset this to a third party email for future use. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thanks for replying Ashleigh. It's actually fixed itself and I've managed to do what I needed. Extra icons appeared in Account Settings. All a bit weird, but I'll leave it for now. Thanks for the offer!