cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for O2 Sim after cancelled Oomph Contract

r4hul175
Joining in

Hi - I cancelled my Oomph contract in August 2023 (moved to VOLT) and in the September bill it clearly shows the Unlimited Data SIM service being removed from my services. (Note - I never wanted this sim and have never used this sim)

However it looks like the sim was not cancelled, but rather moved to O2, they have been expecting payment from me since. Since I have never used this sim and believed it cancelled, I have never set up an O2 account, or a DD with O2, or checked on payment. Now O2 have contacted credit agencies for lack of payment and threatened debt collectors. 

Please can someone from Virgin help correct this. I should not have to pay for a service that on paper was cancelled, and if further action was needed by me to cancel this, i should have been notified during point of upgrade to VOLT, which i absolutely was not.

r4hul175_0-1704391201401.png

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi r4hul175,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We are sorry to hear about what has happened. We are happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm the details. 

^Martin

Hi, I’m also having this exact problem! I ended my virgin media contract in August 2023 and for some reason I’m now missing a payment of 20 for o2… first of all I never wanted the sim and second I definitely did not want my data to be transferred to o2 nor to have a contract with them.

Hey Brettalt, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

All our sims went over to O2 you would of got a letter about this.

I would advise contacting O2 on 0344 809 0202. 

We can't cancel O2 sims on here sorry.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?