cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status of landline number porting?

EdwardOfLondon
Joining in

I recently switched to Virgin Media(22/04/24). During the signup process I asked to keep my old number from my previous provider(NowTV). On the day of installation I was surprised to find I have a new number on my Virgin line, while my old number is still active on my old BT line. Other posts here state you have to wait 10 days after installation for the number porting to happen. I'm concerned because there hasn't been any messaging either from Virgin Media, or my old provider(NowTV) that this is happening.

Is there a way to check the status/progress of my landline number porting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @EdwardOfLondon Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the landline switchover you are having. 😢
I will look in to this for you and assist you on this matter.

It may be worthwhile letting BT know that you wish to keep the line active whilst we complete the switchover as it's needed to be active.
I will send a private message to further assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @EdwardOfLondon Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the landline switchover you are having. 😢
I will look in to this for you and assist you on this matter.

It may be worthwhile letting BT know that you wish to keep the line active whilst we complete the switchover as it's needed to be active.
I will send a private message to further assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs