cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call Plusnet number on landline

Seareaches
Joining in

Hi, Since yesterday I have been unable to call a landline on Plusnet from my Virgin Media landline, hearing the message "Sorry, this number is temporarily unavailable" when I try.

However I can successfully call the Plusnet number from my mobile, the owner of the Plusnet  landline is able to call my VM landline, and I am able to make other calls out to (non-Plusnet) numbers from my landline. It seems the problem only occurs calling from Virgin to Plusnet landlines.

How can I report this for someone to investigate? Given that both phone lines can successfully make and receive calls, it seems like a problem routing calls from Virgin Media to Plusnet, rather than an issue with the phone line at either end. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Seareaches 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty calling your friend from your landline.

Do you know if any other friends of yours have a Plusnet landline? If so, are you able to call them to see if it goes through?

If not, could you try and do 141 in front of the number you're dialling, to see if the call connects? 

Keep me posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Seareaches
Joining in

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I don't know anyone else on Plusnet. I have tried dialling with 141 as a prefix but there is no change, it doesn't ring and I still hear the "Sorry, this number is temporarily unavailable" message.

Thanks for coming back to me and trying that. No worries at all, I'll send you a PM now to assist further 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill