cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam call missing the call guardian

Hosay299
Superfast

Hi we seem to get spam call that miss out on our call guardian

As today just now we had a number that was withheld and the phone showed the it as WITHHELD in caps which it normaly does not do

I was talking the the person directy 

Can i ask as we are on the new network not on cooper wire side for phone is there a loop whole in the system as how can a number be withheld and get throught to use with out going through the normal service

as any number not on our turst list or contact  and withheld should go throguh the call guardian system

What make me more a issue is normal withhheld calls do not show as caps letters ??

could it be looked at as the system has to be new ??

4 REPLIES 4

Hosay299
Superfast

Have just done a search on the site and oother people have reported it last year 

one is here 

20240130_084230.jpg

Hi Hosay299,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you are getting calls which have been withheld getting through your call Guardian, this isn't something I am familiar with or have dealt with previously, I have reached out to see if I can get some answers/ help with this, once I hear anything back I will let you know here.

Regards

Paul.

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Hosay299,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you are getting calls which have been withheld getting through your call Guardian, this isn't something I am familiar with or have dealt with previously, I have reached out to see if I can get some answers/ help with this, once I hear anything back I will let you know here.

Regards

Paul.

I just find it odd the old phone copper worked fine but this new digital seems to have loop holes in it as could be the spam calls know this and use the way to get through to people 

could it be a java type script or something being done like that as who owns and tested the network befoer releaseing it 

also one to add to as they have now stoped the roll out right as govement are now looking at a issue there

Hi Hosay299,

New numbers from potential scammers are being generated every day when they are being shut down by either legal proceedings or customer reporting for services such as Call Guardian, it can take a few days for Call Guardian to recognise as well as back up reporting from customers that this is a new number that is being used in order to deceive customers. the type of phone service attached to it, is not related to how the service operates. 

Regarding our  21cv, the roll out is currently on hold for all service providers, we are awaiting further instruction.

Regards

Paul.