cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking Service

MrRobot
Tuning in

Hi all,

I am 87 years old and my son is writing this for me. 

I have been a customer for over 18 years with Virgin Media. I recently decided to go to another provider, my new contract with the new provider was due to start on the 13/11/2023. 

I requested a number port and the new provider asked me to fill in a number port form and advices me that the number will be transferred on the 13/11/2023. 

Virgin Media kept calling me and offering me deals, they matched the late October, I agreed to the new contract with Virgin, I requested Virgin Media to cancel the number port, I called the new provider and asked them to do the same. Remember this was a few weeks before my new contract was to start, I was still with Virgin Media. 

on the 13/11/2023 my landline stopped working, 2 engineer visits, router changed, 15 calls to customer service and it’s still not working, I can ring out but no one can ring in, when you ring it goes to a voicemail number which is not my number. 

i keep being told it will be resolved in 48hrs or 5 days this time passes and nothing happens. I call customer service  after 45 minutes per call they run test, I keep telling them that my landline is connected to the router and it will disconnect, they don’t listen and the line distant I have to call back this has happened 6 times, I tell them to ring on my mobile and this doesn’t happen.

I don’t know what to do, I have had my landline number for 42 years!!!

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MrRobot, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into and see what has happened, please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?