cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line not working

Jy051187
Tuning in

Hi I'm asking on behalf of my father he has no phone line we have tried differnt phones and still nothing it says the phone number is not in service when you ring it .

9 REPLIES 9

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jy051187 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your father's landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if the phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello we have unplugged checked it all amd tried more than one phone in the socket and nothing is happening there is only the phone line plugged in there is no broadband at the property.

Okay, thanks for confirming this. 

Would you be capable of passing account security to be able to discuss your father's account in full? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Nothing changed can we arrange someone to come out to him

Would you be capable of passing account security to be able to discuss your father's account in full? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Please could you advise further as to what can happen now as I will not see my father until Wednesday if you could write to him with an arranged engineer that would be very helpful carley_s

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jy051187 

Thanks for your response

If you're able to pass account security we'll be able to discuss the account in full to have this resolved. Please do let us know.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I will have to respond to you when my father next visits me as I have no way of contacting him to get the details to pass security he has previously tried phoning on a neighbours phone but got so far then just got cut off 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jy051187 

Thanks for your response

I'll drop you a private message to confirm some more details so we can have this organised / resolved as soon as possible, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs