cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

Tigger36
Joining in

When to contact Virgin via my home line 150, imagine my surprise when I found my phone with no dial tone, evidently due to Virgin deciding to upgrade my phone to fibre, no letter, no email just cut my phone off

You could say who needs a landline these days, well except for dealing Virgin every 18months to renegotiate my package certainly not me. 

So, I’ve disconnected the phone in disgust and hope that Virgin contact me in response to this post so I can talk to a human albeit via TGI’s forum. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tigger36,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry your handset had no dialing tone upon using it. 

With regards to the change to the new 21CV phone system. We would have sent out multiple notifications regarding this. These are done via an automated process and so would have gone out. 

Have you been sent the adapter for the hub to use a landline handset in it?

^Martin

Sorry Martin but we have received no communication and no adaptor, which sort of backs up the lack of communication, how did the communication go out, post e-mail? 
It’s a disgraceful service to a customer who has been with Virgin since the ntlworld days, but the again Virgin treat loyal customers disgracefully, much rather have new customers who get all the deals 

Hi @Tigger36 thanks for replying out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received an adapter nor had any communication for this. 😞
I will assist you on this and get this switched over for you - i.e. on the new line.
I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs