cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline stopped working

Iaincoll
Joining in

As of yesterday the 12th June my landline no longer works, no dial tone and when people try and call our number they get an engaged tone. I spent 50 minutes on the phone yesterday evening with Virgin Media's (supposedly) technical support and was told that the issue was to be escalated to an engineering team and to expect a fix within 5 working days. I do not have an appointment, message or email to confirm this. As you can appreciate this is very frustrating and not really acceptable customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Iaincoll 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the landline issue and the confusion after you contacted us. 

I have checked the system and can see the following happened;

• When you contacted the team, they ran a diagnostic on your phone
  • The result of which was to transfer this to the faults management system to check if there are any faults/area issues and fix them
  • You were correctly advised of upto a 5 day timescale for this.
  • You are affected by a fault, fault reference is F010751927
  • The estimated fix date is today at midday.

Please do pop back if you are experiencing issues, we'll be more than happy to help further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Iaincoll 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the landline issue and the confusion after you contacted us. 

I have checked the system and can see the following happened;

• When you contacted the team, they ran a diagnostic on your phone
  • The result of which was to transfer this to the faults management system to check if there are any faults/area issues and fix them
  • You were correctly advised of upto a 5 day timescale for this.
  • You are affected by a fault, fault reference is F010751927
  • The estimated fix date is today at midday.

Please do pop back if you are experiencing issues, we'll be more than happy to help further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill