cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone switchover to fibre not working

eaglewolf
Tuning in

We were told by Virgin Media that our analog landline phone would need to be switched over to fibre network on 7 February, and we received an adapter to connect between our broadband Hub and our phone.  However, connecting our phone to the adapter and into the broadband Hub does not work.  There is no phone signal coming from the broadband Hub.

All the connections are correct.  The phone is connected to the adapter, which is connected to phone port 1 on the Broadband Hub.  I have turned the Hub off and on, I have reset it, I have followed instructions on the VM website, but nothing at all works.  There is no phone signal coming from the broadband Hub.  Any suggestions other than phoning VM and reporting a fault?  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eaglewolf, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eaglewolf, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @eaglewolf 

Try putting your phone back into the wall socket and see if it's still working.

VM have had to stop any phone migrations going ahead. This was requested by the government across all telecom providers.

As soon as VM get the go ahead to continue the migrations, they should communicate the new switchover date to all of their customers.

VM statement below as part of an article from  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67750235 

A Virgin Media spokesperson said: "We look forward to discussing in more detail how local authorities and telecare providers can better work with the industry to help identify and support those who are vulnerable or need additional assistance".

"In line with the agreed commitments, we have paused switchovers as we review our processes to further support consumers, building on the range of measures that we already have in place."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the information.  I have been told that the change from the analog phone line to the fibre network has been delayed, but we were not notified beforehand.  I don't know when it will be going ahead now, just have to wait.