cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline issues for a vulnerable person

Dalepollard
Joining in

Hi

Does anyone know how to escalate an issue we are having with my Nans home phone line?

Despite informing VirginMedia that my Nan has a lifeline device (in case she falls over) they have switched off her analogue line and changed to digital. Nothing else was sent to her or support given at this stage. As she doesn’t have internet she had no way of connecting her landlines to the hub(which she didn’t have).

Numerous calls and many hours spent have resulted in being told that her line had been disconnected and request to be reconnected made, this is after being passed around and cut off over and over again. No one seems to know what’s going on!

an engineer has visited 3 times now and every time they leave saying they have other calls to go to but the lines still dont work. A call today resulted in them telling us we don’t have a hub despite it being in front of us and connected. We don’t seem any closer to getting the home phone line sorted despite this being absolutely critical for a very vulnerable and frail old lady.

Can anyone help? Does VirginMedia actually care?

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Dalepollard,

Firstly welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

I want to apologise for the experience you have had, in order for me to look at getting this sorted with you I would like to invite you in for a private message.

If you have yet to use our private message system you can access it via the purple envelope on the right side of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

Victoria2109
Joining in

Hi i’m currently having the same issue with my grandparents and disabled auntie. They have had no landline for 10+ days and have missed very important appointments with hospital etc due to this. 

What was the outcome for your Nan if you don’t mind me asking? 

Thanks 

Hi Victoria2109,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear there's some issues with the line of your family members. So I can take a closer look at this for you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm