cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline fibre upgrade - Confusion reigns...

Dawn999
Joining in

Hi, I'm very new here and a little confused, so am hoping someone can shed some light for me.

I received a text stating it Virgin Media and the home phone service will be switched to fibre on 26/9.... however everything I've read so far suggests that I should receive notification in writing, does a text 'count'? Also being a cautious person and not recognising the number I've yet to respond (figure I have time to get a consensus). Elsewhere on the interwebby, forums suggest this is a scam text and several commentators are now concerned. 

Can someone please clarify a) is the text genuine? b) do I need to book an engineer as my phone is no where near my hub.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dawn999,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry to hear there's been a bit of confusion surrounding your landline service upgrade. I can appreciate the hesitation with some of the scam texts circulating at the moment.

We'd usually send out a letter and an email or SMS to the property with further details about the upgrade and exactly what you need to do. Do you have a screenshot of the text you received that you can pop over to us here please, so we can advise if genuine or not?

Yes, we will need to arrange a visit for you before the cut-off date so you can be migrated over to the new service and have any extensions/rewiring you require fitting for you.

Beth