cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not ported from Sky

andyduffy85
Joining in

Hi I've recently moved from Sky to Virgin but am still waiting for my landline number to be ported across. According to the documentation I received, it could take 10 days which has now passed. Please can I have an update as where this process is up to as I'm keen to get this resolved so I can cancel the line with Sky and stop paying them.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi andydffy85, thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here.
A warm welcome to the VM community, nice to have you on board with us. 🙂

We're sorry to see you're unsure as to where things are with your landline porting process, we'd love to best assist with this.

Can we ask to confirm if you have registered for an online account with us here?

We'd normally take up to 10 working days (2 weeks approx) to complete the port, this also requires the number to be active with the old provider at the time of this process.

Once your services get installed, we do provide with the line and a temp number to use until the port of your existing number is complete.

Are you able to check and let us know if the number showing on the online account currently is your temporary one or it's now showing the correct one now? If so, it means the porting is done.

Please, kindly tell us more on this and we're eager to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I do have an online account but can't see anywhere where it states the phone number, however I've done another test from the landline and can confirm that the port still hasn't gone through.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this, andyduffy85.

Sorry to see your old number is not yet active, in order to assist further with this I will need to PM you here shortly and have a look.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs