cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not working for 3 weeks

Ania7007
Joining in

My virgin land line which I also use for work has been down for over 3 weeks which has resulted in loss of income. I cannot make any calls out and it just gives an engaged tone when someone tries to call so people do not realise the line is out of order. The problem seems to be the exchange and old cables although no one seems to be sure. I have an engineer booked for 03 March but the new cables still need to be in place. I have phoned Virgin Media over 10 times  but it seems no one can resolve the issue. Even my complaint has been answered by en e mail suggesting I go on line!   I have had this land line with Virgin for 28 years but it seems loyalty counts for nothing and customer service is non existent. Incidentally my other home line (provided by BT) went down at the same time and an engineer came out in 12 hours and the problem was fixed on the same day. I am now really frustrated  by the lack of communication and inability of Virgin being able to sort out a relatively straightforward problem. Only one engineer has been out in all this time who did not have the experience to deal with ‘exchange problems’ even though I said beforehand that it was probably an exchange problem. 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ania7007 wrote:

My virgin land line which I also use for work has been down for over 3 weeks which has resulted in loss of income. I cannot make any calls out and it just gives an engaged tone when someone tries to call so people do not realise the line is out of order. The problem seems to be the exchange and old cables although no one seems to be sure. I have an engineer booked for 03 March but the new cables still need to be in place. I have phoned Virgin Media over 10 times  but it seems no one can resolve the issue. Even my complaint has been answered by en e mail suggesting I go on line!   I have had this land line with Virgin for 28 years but it seems loyalty counts for nothing and customer service is non existent. Incidentally my other home line (provided by BT) went down at the same time and an engineer came out in 12 hours and the problem was fixed on the same day. I am now really frustrated  by the lack of communication and inability of Virgin being able to sort out a relatively straightforward problem. Only one engineer has been out in all this time who did not have the experience to deal with ‘exchange problems’ even though I said beforehand that it was probably an exchange problem. 

You should be eligible for some (small) compensation as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

If you are still on a conventional telephone line (phone socket on the wall), and depending on what the issue is, VM may offer to convert your line to a 21CV connection from the back of the VM hub instead of fixing the existing line.

Corey_C

Hey Ania 7007, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this.

We do try and do everything we possible can to fix the issues before sending a tech out.

Once a tech is needed there is not much more we can do from our side sorry.

We do get cancellations sometimes however these are sent by SMS and are on first come first base. Thanks