cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False call to 999

Matt45
Joining in

Hi 

On the 22/11/23 at around 7pm I had the police show up at my house (I was out and my wife was at work ) I spoke to them on the ring door bell and they said they had received a 999 call from my address and it was just silent and they had blue lighted over as the silent calls are usually domestic abuse calls. I explained to them that we don’t even have a landline phone in the property. And to cut that short they stayed there for about 45 minutes as they needed to check both people of the household was ok before they left . (Which I understand they are only doing there job ) but it doesn’t look good to the neighbours… 

23/11/23 I rang virgin media and explained it all to them and asked for my landline number as I didn’t know it and he told me he couldn’t give it to me over the phone (which I thought was strange as it’s my number ). I asked him if he could check if there has been any incoming or outgoing phone calls from my number and he confirmed there has never been any calls in or out. So I then asked him if he could send a technician out to check my lines ect . ( after reading previous chats on this forum ) he said he can’t but he will check with his supervisor who also said that they can’t as a technician wouldn’t be able to do any thing about it. But he said he will put my landline down to be monitored for unusual activity.                                          I managed to find my landline number on my virgin account . So me and my wife went down to the police station and managed to speak to the responding officer who gave us the phone number that called 999 and it does match the one on my account…

anyway today I logged into my virgin account and I have 3 upcoming call charges on the              22/11/23 to 01952 21 1111 £0.38                    23/11/23 to 0123 000 0000 £0.26                                   23/11/23 to 01952 21 1111 £0.38

but atleast one of them was before I spoke to customer service and he said there has been no calls in or out.

Hopefully someone can help on what to do next as I don’t want this to carry in happening and potentially waste more of the police time 

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Matt45, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and I am so sorry to hear about this .

I have taken a look at this and I can see you have literally just spoke to someone about this, did they manage at all to give any help or get this resolved for you? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi thank you for quick response 

I haven’t spoke to anyone about this today only yesterday, I have just spoke to them about renewing my package, and when I go off the phone to them is when I saw they charges in my account for the above phone calls 

thank you 

Okay no worries let me send you a PM and we can look into these for you, please do look out for it. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear we have managed to get this resolved for, enjoy the rest of the day and the upcoming weekend. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?