cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital landline service

Scallywolf
Joining in

Digital phone service switchover now installed with adaptor in the back of the hub.

Use landline regular and I understand it works as long as you have an internet connection, which obviously I have. Engineer visited to ensure all was ok.

My internet is regularly going down and is becoming more noticeable and frustrating when using the new service. Phone conversations just go dead and this is happening too often now.

I have contacted VM about the problem. Just an automated system with various options. Eventually they texted a link to support which I used and followed. Switching off the hub, switching it back on again, resetting the hub with a pin in the reset hole. This hasn’t worked.

Just spoke to my daughter and phone went dead. 
Getting frustrated with regular problem.

Any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Scallywolf thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Scallywolf
Joining in

Digital phone service switchover now installed with adaptor in the back of the hub.

Use landline regular and I understand it works as long as you have an internet connection, which obviously I have. Engineer visited to ensure all was ok.

My internet is regularly going down and is becoming more noticeable and frustrating when using the new service. Phone conversations just go dead and this is happening too often now.

I have contacted VM about the problem. Just an automated system with various options. Eventually they texted a link to support which I used and followed. Switching off the hub, switching it back on again, resetting the hub with a pin in the reset hole. This hasn’t worked.

Just spoke to my daughter and phone went dead. 
Getting frustrated with regular problem.

Any appreciated

mrdeejay
Joining in

Get used to this broadband is hot and cold with Virgin Media.  Can be fine for long periods and then it can be stormy.

No real answers regarding this - copper would probably be more reliable for landline with Virgin Media.

Hi @Scallywolf thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your frequently intermittent broadband service, which is having the knock on effect of ending your landline telephone calls. And I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would love to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Scallywolf 

Welcome to the community forums 

I can see that you have multiple threads open on the same issue and that an agent is support you further on this. 

Please do not create multiple threads as this goes against forum rules. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please direct them onto your other thread which we have responded already on and we'll be able to support quicker and more clearly for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

Thanks for the welcome.

As a newbie, I am getting used to creating and replying to threads.

This was an error on my part. I wanted to edit an original post  but it appears I reposted the original one.

I understand your comments.

Thanks

No problem at all @Scallywolf 

To edit any posts you can select the arrow on the right hand side of the post you wish to edit if needed. 

The agent will support further with your service concerns.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Many thanks.

Working from home, it is essential my internet is reliable.

I am noticing the unreliability more and more now that I have the digital landline.

No problem with landline whatsoever prior to the new service.

Hi again Carley

Can you help me change my user name from 13131 to another one please?