cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

woodway
Tuning in

My 1571 was working until I had a conversation with virgin yesterday about the upcoming changes to the phone service. That may be a coincidence but now when I dial that number I get a long silence and then a repeating 3note screeching tone. I have called virgin twice. The first person left me hanging. The second person tells me that we never had a message service - after many years of having it - and again disappeared. Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi woodway,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your voicemail service. So I an take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message, to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Hi

I don't know whether I can still post in this conversation. The problems went on until Monday and I reported this when I was speaking to Virgin about something else , That person said she would get it fixed. There is no independent way of speaking to Virgin about a phone issue. The phone always has a double beep which is the signal that there are messages waiting but more often than not in the past week there has been no message when I have dialled 1571. I am assuming this is a Virgin issue and not my phone?

Hi woodway,

Thanks for coming back to us. Can we ask you to leave yourself a voicemail on your machine and see if you have the intermittent dialling tone to say there is a message waiting.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Yes the intermittent tone alerted me to my own message but now I have deleted that message and I am still getting an intermittent tone

Hi @woodway,

Do you have another landline handset that you can connect to the socket? This way we can check and eliminate this being a potential equipment issue.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The 2 other handsets on the same line both have the intermittent tone. I don't have  a different handset lying around. And it's a bit of a coincidence that I'm getting this after the problems with 1571 last week

Hi @woodway,

Thanks for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!