cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping a blueyonder email account

MrT4
Just joined

Hi 

My elderly neighbour has recently switched from Virgin to BT. She has a 'blueyonder' email account that she accesses via Thunderbird. She is worried that she will lose access to all of her emails. 

She is keen to keep the blueyonder email account and was hoping that she could pay Virgin to keep this going. However, I understand that this may not be an option is that correct?

Thanks for your help.  

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrT4 Blueyonder, as with all VM email domains, require an active VM broadband account for continued use.  VM should delete the email account 90 days after the broadband account closes so I'm afraid you neighbour will lose the blueyonder address.

They should make sure that they have an offline copy of the emails they want to keep along with their contacts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MrT4, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

As mentioned the email only keeps active whilst she is a customer once they leave us the email will get deleted within 90 days.

We can't keep an email on a pay basic either sorry they would need to have an account.

I would advise her to set up an Gmail email. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?