cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email password

oldmoondog
On our wavelength

HI, I have three email accounts, two of which are OK.  The third one is not working correctly on a laptop device.

I could receive the emails on the web page and on an iPhone, but the laptop refuses to cooperate.  I tried to discover the password on the iPhone but failed.  I have tried to change the password but I get the response "'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them".

I try entering various combinations but I still get the same message.  Now I cannot receive any mails at all!  Anybody any solutions?   This has all happened after the failure of Virgin mail during the past 48 hours.

Regards

Barry

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @oldmoondog 

We apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible. 

Thank you Ashleigh. I assume someone will be in touch?

Regards

Barry

@oldmoondog wrote:

Thank you Ashleigh. I assume someone will be in touch?

Regards

Barry

Alas no, nobody will be in touch with you, or even ‘reach out’ as the marketing people insist it now be called.

All you can realistically do is hold on and hope that VM can resolve the current situation. If you browse the forums, here you will find that the post from Ashleigh is a generic, oft repeated, word for word, copy and paste, official bland statement which says nothing helpful or useful at all - such is the way, alas, that VM work!

Keep your fingers crossed and you might, just might get your email back.