cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection to server imap.virginmedia.com timed out

Cemb
Tuning in

Hello,

For the last few days when I have clicked on Get messages on my laptop I receive the note on the bottom left corner of my screen which says "Connection to the server imap.virginmedia.com timed out". The emails then come in as a group. Today I have just received my emails from the last 8 hours! I can get emails with no problem on my phone but many emails I want to file on my laptop. I have only had this problem for the last couple of weeks.

Thanks in anticipation someone can help.

4 REPLIES 4

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cemb 👋.

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

Sabrina

Thank you. But once again I, and I am not alone, am being let down by Virgin Media and it seems to take weeks to fix. First it was intermittent wifi and now it's intermittent emails. Reliability is what I would like. Chris

I though this was all supposed to be sorted out. My online account had stopped telling me there were mail problems by Sunday (2nd) morning. I did request a text to tell me problem was solved however never received one.

My access to mail is intermittent. 6 weeks left on my current contract having been with you since that days of diamond cable.,.. it will take a good deal to keep me much longer as one of your most loyal customers 

Hi,

Do you have a date when this will be solved Thank you