cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM outgoing mail from my desktop PC Outlook 365 stuck in Outbox this morning

wing
On our wavelength

I have VM outgoing mail stuck in my desktop Outlook 365 this morning. Contacted Virgin support and the reply was my VM mail settings were OK. I have not made any changes to my VM mail account server settings other than changing the password to an App generated password last Saturday and there have no issues until this morning when a couple of my outgoing VM emails (including one sent to my web access My VM mailbox) got and still stuck in the Outlook outbox

The error message  is:

The connection to the outgoing (SMTP) server was dropped. Please check the outgoing (SMTP) server settings and try again

I have not made any changes to my VM mail account server settings other than changing the password to an App generated password last Saturday and there have no issues until this morning when a couple of my outgoing VM emails (including one sent to my web access My VM mailbox) got and still stuck in the Outlook outbox.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @wing,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue with your emails, can you confirm if you have managed to go about fully resetting your email password at all? Can you also confirm if this issue occurs when using the webmail version of the email too?

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @wing,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue with your emails, can you confirm if you have managed to go about fully resetting your email password at all? Can you also confirm if this issue occurs when using the webmail version of the email too?

Joe

wing
On our wavelength

Yes, I finally resolved it. It wasn't the resetting of my VM mail account. It was due to my IP being blocked - actually twice within a month for no apparent reason other saying I was sending bad mail which I didn't.  At first thought, as it happened soon after I reset my VM password using an app generated pw my VM outgoing mails kept getting stuck in my Outlook 365 outbox. So I logged into MXToolBox and noticed I have no blacklist under SORBS DUHL AND SPAMHAUS ZEN - I wonder who are these people. With that info I, I log into following link https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport  ( II found out from other Virgin community posters)  and filed a report and had my blacklist delisted with 24 hours. I don't what things could trigger an IP address block.

When your IP is being blocked or blacklisted don't bother calling VM's support/helpline as they won't be able to solve the issue. Many times, they don't even know or tell you that your IP has been blocked and how to resolve it.