cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password reset since oauth

speedbird742
Joining in

Hello, 

I'm having trouble accessing my email account (domain @virgin.net) and no matter what i do it won't let me reset my password.  I've was a beta tester with virgin.net at the beginning and everything i have is in email.  How can i get my password reset as the links don't work?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi speedbird742, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with resetting your password. Can you please confirm if you have an active Virgin Media broadband account? If so this is certainly something we can help with. 

If you don't have an active broadband account then you wouldn't be able do a password reset as a VM email is only available when you have an active broadband account. Once the broadband account has been closed for over 90 days, the email would be locked at any time and eventually deleted. 

Let us know so we can help further if need be. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

speedbird742
Joining in

Hello,

When I try to do a password reset (in order to gain access to my account) I get the message 'Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.'.  I've used this email for over 20 years and now (since the move to oauth) I can't gain access.  How do I get a password reset done?

thank you.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@speedbird742 wrote:

Hello,

How do I get a password reset done?

I have moved your latest post to your original forum thread where you first asked about a password reset.

@Kath_Fof the Forum Team responded to you by asking whether you still have an active VM broadband account. You really do need to respond to her before she can help you.

I am not a member of VM staff so all I can advise is that you try resetting the password by accessing the 'My Virgin Media' account for your virgin.net address. The "Forgot your password" link on the webmail account page is unlikely to  work for you because VM changed the security on the password reset process some time ago.

Try signing in from this link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using your virgin.net address and the current password.

Then:

• Go to Account settings,
  • Then Account details
  • Then click on Edit to the right of Password in the Sign in details section

As part of VM's new security measures you will need to supply a non VM email address such Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo. That will not change your existing virgin.net address but will become the username to sign into your VM webmail account and the email account where your password reset verification code will be sent.

As you can judge from the above, the VM email service has changed quite dramatically in the last year or so. As a result, unless you are still a VM broadband customer it may well not be possible to reset your email password at all. So if my advice above does not work and you still have a broadband account you really need to respond asap to get help from VM staff.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi speedbird742, 

We're sorry to hear you're still struggling with this. I know you've not yet replied to my original post but to save you waiting any longer, I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security to check things further and help you. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs