cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email

Oliviaamaay123
Joining in

Hi, asking on behalf of my parents. 
They’ve got an old PC with an NTL World email downloaded onto it. 
They are going to get rid of the PC and buy a laptop instead. 
Is it possible to transfer the old emails onto the new laptop? What can they use to log in as when using Microsoft, it doesn’t load properly. 

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Oliviaamaay123,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. Your parents email address can be used on any device, it would just need to be configured with the correct details, you can find more information about how to do this here the section of that you would need to look at is 'How to set up my Virgin Media email on a device' 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for the reply. Does this still work if they do not have a password for their email? As it was automatically set up and installed to their old PC, I don’t believe they have a password. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Oliviaamaay123 No, in order to set up the email account on a new device your parents will need to know all the account details including the passwords.  This is all set out in the help page linked to earlier by @Steven_L 

Due to recent security changes made by VM the process is complex especially if they don't know their existing password.

Do your patients still have a VM broadband account to which the email address concerned is attached?

Post back with your reply and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to advise how to progress.

Just to set the expectation level your parents will need to change their account username to a third party email address once they have gained access to their My Virgin Media account. After that they will need to generate an app password for use with an email client on the new device.  Again all this is explained in the help page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, 

Really appreciate your help. They do have a VM account as they have broadband and internet with VM. 
They are quite old fashioned so I shall go through the linked page and try and sort it out for them this weekend. 
Any issues and I shall post back! Thank you for being so helpful!