cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL EMAIL HACKED

MvChd70
Joining in

Hello - can someone conatct me s my NTL world email has been hacked and they are logging into my instgarm, facebook, bank accounts. I need to change the password immediately. I have changed my My Virgin Media password but this doesn't log anyone out of my ntlw world mailbo. Please help as I cannaot get through to anyone.

Thanks

Megan

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow the advice here My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help and in addition do the following:

• sign into webmail
  • select ⚙ > Security
  • set Automatic sign out to 5 minutes
  • wait 5 minutes for automatic sign out to occur
  • sign back in and set Automatic sign out to previous value

FYI: this is a workaround to try and sign out of other webmail sessions

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

deepbeep
On our wavelength

I had the same issue.  Lots of people are and I am not sure anybody on the forum is helping to resolve this quickly.  Disappointing your urgent message has not had a reply after a couple of days, as Virgin staff are apparently working on this forum.

I suggest you do what I did:

Email dpo@virginmedia.co.uk, highlight that there is a data protection breach and aks for an immediate response.  Don't give them more than 24 hours without chasing and advise them you will hold them responsible for any losses resulting from the breach.  (You can follow up with the ICO and/or make a legal claim if this occurs).