cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email change at renewal?

b1lly
On our wavelength

I'm having trouble with my old NTL email address which is also used for my log in. The address was included in a data breach from an Italian firm earlier this year and I get stacks of spam and nasty threatening emails since.

I understand I can't change the email address because VM don't allow it as it forms part of the login process and is "hardwired" in to the system. My question is, when my contract comes up for renewal in a few months time, can I cancel my VM account completely and take out a new account with a new email address?

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@b1lly  Virgin Media stopped providing email addresses to new and existing customers in May 2022, so if you were to cancel and rejoin you would need to use a third party email address.

In addition, if you want to make any password changes to your existing NTL email address VM will require you to change the username for the account to a third party email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

b1lly
On our wavelength

So the answer to my question is yes then? I'm up for renewal in May so I think it's probably going to be easier to dump my existing account and restart with a new account using one of my Gmail accounts. Or move away from VM, as there seem to be a lot of decent TV & Broadband deals out there at the moment.

b1lly
On our wavelength

So the answer to my question is yes then? I'm up for renewal in May so I think it's probably going to be easier to dump my existing account and restart with a new account using one of my Gmail accounts. Or move away from VM, as there seem to be a lot of decent TV & Broadband deals out there at the moment.

Hi B1lly 👋

Thank you for posting and raising this concern to our attention!

You can update your My VM login email, and the contact email address on your account if you wish to do so!

You can change the My VM login email directly via My VM 👉 virg.in/myVM and I will send you a PM to update the contact email on your account. 
You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly