cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account confusion

k10
Tuning in

Could someone please explain to me, in very clear, simple steps, how to generate a new App password for an email account?

And also how to reset a new 'normal' password for an email account (that I cannot get into, and haven't been able to for months), without the new password overwriting the password for the email you use to sign in to My Virgin Media?

This whole App password thing that Virgin Media introduced several months ago is way too obscure and confusing. I get the impression it has affected lots of email accounts, not just mine. And virtually nobody seems to have the answers, even those working for Virgin Media.

And please don't just list one or more of VM's 'help' pages - they don't seem to help at all, they just add to the confusion.

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello k10

Sorry to hear of the problems generating a new app password for your email account, we're happy to help if you can follow the steps below 🙂

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Let us know if this helps.

Rob