cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email access

peterpendle
Joining in

My wife and I have ntlworld email accounts which we access at home on PCs using Outlook.  On vacation we use an Android tablet which until recently was fine.  On our last vacation access proved impossible, receiving a message "Your Virgin Media Mail account is unavailable".  As a last resort we tried our Android phones and in both cases we were able to access our emails.  We both find the tablet better to use and so would like to resolve the problem.

The Virgin Media account belongs to my stepdaughter who no longer uses the account; my wife is the nominated contact.  Our email accounts are both subsidiary to the main VM account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, peterpendle.
Thank you for joining our help forums and for your first post here, a warm welcome to the VM community! Great to have you on board. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with your email accounts during your vacation recently, we'd love to see how we can best help out.
Please, visit this link here where you can view all our info on email management and how to resolve the account access problems.

In order to restore access via Outlook on your preferred device (tablet, phone etc) you may follow our steps found on this page for resetting/changing your email password and see if this helps gaining access back to your mailbox?

Also, please make sure your Outlook email settings are up-to-date (on all devices used to access this) and let us know if updating this info and your password for the ntlworld email addresses allows you to access them again?

Tell us how you get on and if you need more help, in case you're having problems with accessing the MyVM account due to not being authorised to do so we'd need to speak to the account holder and confirm some details with them before we can assist further.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, peterpendle.
Thank you for joining our help forums and for your first post here, a warm welcome to the VM community! Great to have you on board. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with your email accounts during your vacation recently, we'd love to see how we can best help out.
Please, visit this link here where you can view all our info on email management and how to resolve the account access problems.

In order to restore access via Outlook on your preferred device (tablet, phone etc) you may follow our steps found on this page for resetting/changing your email password and see if this helps gaining access back to your mailbox?

Also, please make sure your Outlook email settings are up-to-date (on all devices used to access this) and let us know if updating this info and your password for the ntlworld email addresses allows you to access them again?

Tell us how you get on and if you need more help, in case you're having problems with accessing the MyVM account due to not being authorised to do so we'd need to speak to the account holder and confirm some details with them before we can assist further.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

peterpendle
Joining in

Thanks for your rapid response.

On our phones, if I follow a Google link for email logon, I go straight to the email logon form.  It appears that I am not logged onto My Virgin Media.  If I do the same on the tablet I go to the My Virgin Media logon form.  I can logon using my stepdaughter's old credentials but, if I then try to access email I receive the message "Your VM Mail account is currently unavailable".  I assume this is probably because my stepdaughter no longer has an active email account with VM.

Does this help?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your prompt response on this matter peterpendle,

Just so we can take further look into gaining access to that particular email I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain