cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account Deleted / Vanished

MCox
Tuning in

Hi there.

Today one of my family members email accounts has vanished / been deleted off of our virgin media accounts. No one from my family goes onto the virgin media accounts and tinkers around with anything (we like to keep hands off so no problems like this arise).

What options do I take to get it restored? Ideally where possible I'd like to avoid phone contact.

For more context, we had 3 registered emails (old ntlworld ones) and the other 2 are completely fine and intact. The family member tried logging into their emails today and it didn't recognize their password - so we tried to reset the password but the website is saying the email isn't recognized at all. I then proceded to check the accounts and only my email account and a seperate family members email account exists, the third one has vanished. 

The family member had a couple of important things attached to that email and was wondering if there is any likely hood in getting in restored?

Thanks in advance.

MCox.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MCox wrote:

is there any way of re-establishing a direct login to the "beta" email account?

If you don't want to access the email account from your My Virgin Media account, you can still sign into the VM email account directly from this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ 

Enter your "spicy mail" email address as the username and then when prompted enter the same password that you used to sign into your My Virgin Media account. That will then  take you to the webmail account for your  "beta"@ntlworld.com email account.

Just to clarify, your VM email account itself still operates as it did before. 

So unless you already have an auto forward set up within your "beta" VM email account, emails sent to your "beta" VM email address will appear in the inbox of your VM webmail account not in your "spicy mail" email account

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

MCox
Tuning in

I should add, we are still active paying customers and as far as I know it takes 90 days even after you leave VM which we haven't done, we have been with NTL/VM for 20+~ years.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The first thing you could do, while waiting for VM staff to help, is to go into your MyVirginmedia account and check which of those email accounts are still listed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you, this is how I double checked that the other 2 accounts still existed. They are listed, the third is not.

The structure of our VM account is a bit messy because of the sheer age of the account, as aforementioned.

I'll do my best to lay out the current account/email structure while replacing the actual emails involved. "beta" will be the problem account.

The VM account login is "alpha"@"spicy"mail.com. This is the primary account holder login email which we use to overview our account, contract etc; note it is <not> an NTL or VM email. The first ever ntlworld email created within this account was "beta"@ntlworld.com, followed by the creation of "charlie"@ntlworld.com and "delta"@ntlworld.com.

"charlie" + "delta" email accounts still exist but the original "beta" email account does not.

I believe "beta"@ntlworld.com was in some way associated or linked with the primary "spicy"mail login email. It's been so long since the creation of our NTL accounts / VM take over I can't remember the specifics and at the time I wasn't directly involved with managing the accounts.

Hopefully this is of some help to staff.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MCox wrote:.

"charlie" + "delta" email accounts still exist but the original "beta" email account does not.

I believe "beta"@ntlworld.com was in some way associated or linked with the primary "spicy"mail login email. .

Thanks for that great overview of you VM accounts.

What I take from it is that you have:

1. Your primary VM email account "beta"@ntlworld.com  and the username for that account is now"alpha"@"spicy"mail.com
  2. You have two secondary email accounts "charlie"@ntlworld.com and "delta"@ntlworld.com.

The way the VM accounts currently work it means that you sign into your My Virgin Media account using your "alpha"@"spicy"mail.com email address. It is true that once you have set up a non VM username for your VM account there is no obvious sign of  VM primary email account in your My Virgin Media account. However, you can still access your  "beta"@ntlworld.com webmail account from that My Virgin Media account by:

• clicking on Account settings
  • then Account details
  • then scroll down and towards the bottom of the page and you will see Virgin Media Mail
  • under that heading you'll see Access my mailbox

Click on that and it should take you to the webmail account for "beta"@ntlworld.com 

If you get an error message "Mail box not available" that can usually be resolved by resetting the password. You can do that from this My Virgin Media account using the Password edit  option in the Sign in details higher up the Account details page.

I hope that makes sense, I'm just basing it on the information you provided in your last post.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

First of all, thank you for getting back to me promptly with a thorough response and understanding.

I see now we're still technically able to access the emails of "beta"@ntlworld.com via logging into VM account with the "spicy"mail and clicking 'Access my mailbox', which is reassuring in terms of not "losing access" technically.

I guess my ultimate question at this point would be: is there any way of re-establishing a direct login to the "beta" email account? Before the user just had to login to the mail[.]virginmedia[.]com with "beta"@ntlworld.com & their password. Is this no longer possible going forward?

I appreciate the help.

MCox.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MCox wrote:

is there any way of re-establishing a direct login to the "beta" email account?

If you don't want to access the email account from your My Virgin Media account, you can still sign into the VM email account directly from this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ 

Enter your "spicy mail" email address as the username and then when prompted enter the same password that you used to sign into your My Virgin Media account. That will then  take you to the webmail account for your  "beta"@ntlworld.com email account.

Just to clarify, your VM email account itself still operates as it did before. 

So unless you already have an auto forward set up within your "beta" VM email account, emails sent to your "beta" VM email address will appear in the inbox of your VM webmail account not in your "spicy mail" email account

Coenoby