cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access email

AnneS
On our wavelength

I suddenly can't access my email account. Says to put in password but when I do it doesn't recognise it. Can't find an option to change password?

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, AnneS.
Thank you for reaching out on the help forums and sorry to hear of the sudden issue with your email account access, we'd love to see how we can best help with this.

For the economy in general and to have the information viewable to the community over the thread, we'd like to suggest that you visit this page here in regards to how you can manage our email accounts (including how to change your passwords).

Could you please let us know if you're accessing the email account via web-mail (browser) or from a client software / App like Outlook e.g.?

If you're using a client App, you can follow the below steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media
a. Go to Account settings, then Account details
b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions.

If you're accessing via the browser, you may visit here and try following the 'forgot my password' flow to change it and see if this helps resolving the issue.

Tell us how you get on and if this helps, glad to assist further if the problem persists.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs