cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails

PeterFB
Tuning in

I see this seems from historical postings a not uncommon problem , but cannot see a resolution. I can receive emails via Outlook fine but as from 2 days ago I cannot send emails from Outlook while linked to virgin media. Although I have no problem sending via Virgin through my mobile network. I have already been on the phone to Virgin for around an hour and a half through their general call centre, second line support the "Gadget Rescue" and finally to the FMS team who claimed they had not seen this problem. Btw my wife has the same problem.Anyone any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

JCmacc
Up to speed

I had this exact issue 2 days ago and the problem was that VM blocked my home Hub IP address - so Outlook worked perfectly using data via a phone but failed to send e-mails when the phone used wi-fi at home.  

Try to send an e-mail from outlook via wi-fi and open up the dialogue box and see if you can read the error message. If it mentions the IP has been blocked, contact the VM Security team as below:

• go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ :
  • select Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • Other from drop down list
  • copy and paste the error message into  Log evidence field
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Hey PeterFB,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment. Have you been able to try the advice offered by JCmacc or do you need further assistance to get your issues resolved?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L