cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked email - cannot reset password

Malcolm811
Joining in

Hello

Is there anybody from Virgin that could help me to unblock my email account. I've tried to reset my password as instructed but am not having any luck at all. 

Regards 

Malcolm 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Malcolm,

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Have you followed the steps below to reset the password:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Rob

I can get as far as giving another email account and confirming it and then I can't get any further than that. 

Regards Malcolm

Yesterday I did get as far getting a email in another account to select a new password but it timed out within a few seconds and so I couldn't do. Also it now doesn't even recognise my VM email account due to it being blocked. Even when I've been asked security questions it says they are incorrect! What's going on please???

Regards Malcolm

Hi Malcolm811 👋 Welcome back to the community! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these difficulties with your email. 
We would need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details and take a closer look at what has happened here. 
We can also reset the password for you so you can gain access again if needed. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋 just returning to keep this public side of the thread updated. 

Huge thanks to Malcolm811 for PMing with me, and for their patience and understanding whilst I offered help. 
We were able to isolate the issue to one of their devices, and I'm pleased to report that they have managed to get access again on an alternative device. 

Hopefully there are no further issues but please feel free to let us know if you do need help again! 🌞

Wishing you all the best. 

Molly