cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best deal? virgin inclusive or subscription plans + Virgin Broadband

george-higgison
Just joined

Does Virgin have a better inclusive deal than the following options for paid subscriptions?

I can get Virgin BB and (I think) home phone for £26/month.  If I add to that subscriptions for:

Amazon Prime Video - basic with ads when ads are required.

Disney Plus - basic with ads when ads are required.

Apple TV - basic with ads when ads are required.

Netflix - basic with ads when ads are required.

I can get a year bill of £625 and currently (before the prices rises are applied by Virgin) I pay £552 per year.  So for just £73 more per year I can get all the best films, series, documentaries which is way better than the channels I get with my Virgin TV bundle for £46 per month.  When you add on the new prices increases this will go up by about £50 so the difference drops to about £23 per year more for all the subscriptions plus BB and home phone.  At present I think I'll change and drop my Virgin TV package go to the basic BB (I don't use nearly 4 devices) and home phone.

I agree that my virgin TV package has lots of BT sports but I hardly ever watch those at all (never really).  I'd rather have Sky cinema channels than those but that would push my current Virgin package up to £80 plus per month so £960 plus per year.

Has anyone got a decent deal from Virgin at present that includes any of the subscriptions services that are useful for those of us who prefer films, series, documentaries to football and other sports?

I can get a whole list of similar TV channels via freeview to those currently provided to me by my Virgin Media package.

Your suggestions are welcome

1 REPLY 1

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I can't see how VM TV makes sense when, as you say, you can get great value via the streamers' apps.  VM Stream is an interesting service though as it offers a discount on the streamers. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).