cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price hike

tonybax1
Tuning in

Hi all. I'm on basic package of £36 for broadband and TV. My current price is £36 and now it's going up £9 which is a 25% increase. Surely this is a mistake, 25%

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tonybax1 

If the increase is due to the recent annual price increase then the increase is based on the full package price and not the discounted price.

If it's not due to the annual price rise then it sounds like yuo've reached the end of  your discounted period.

Either way you should either negotiate a new deal or place your cancellation request.

The best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract, or palce your cancellation request..

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours, probably longer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @tonybax1 

Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely.

We always balance our prices with the need to continue investing in our network, products and services. Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation.

We’re seeing growing demand for data – with usage growing by more than 10% each year. Last year, we invested more than £2bn in our networks, which contributed to average broadband speeds increasing more than 40%, while helping to make sure our customers stayed connected and were able to keep using our services more and more.