cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged cable trunking on apartment building

amre
Tuning in

I am a ground floor owner in an apartment building which has virgin media cabling installed outside the building. The trucking protecting the cables has became loose and is now only fixed to the building at one point. The trucking is loose above and below this rivot(screw) point and shakes violently in the wind, this is near to my window and above my garden pathway and I think it’s dangerous should the last rivot point fail.  
Customer service has been very unhelpful (as I am not a customer), I assume one or more of my neighbours are customers but the issue would not affect them as they don’t have access to my garden.

I have reported this a few times and to the team dealing with street/cabinet damage, but they are sending me round in circles. Does anyone know where I can submit a complaint as a non customer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@amre wrote:

I am a ground floor owner in an apartment building which has virgin media cabling installed outside the building. The trucking protecting the cables has became loose and is now only fixed to the building at one point. The trucking is loose above and below this rivot(screw) point and shakes violently in the wind, this is near to my window and above my garden pathway and I think it’s dangerous should the last rivot point fail.  
Customer service has been very unhelpful (as I am not a customer), I assume one or more of my neighbours are customers but the issue would not affect them as they don’t have access to my garden.

I have reported this a few times and to the team dealing with street/cabinet damage, but they are sending me round in circles. Does anyone know where I can submit a complaint as a non customer?

Post a photo on here which will help VM staff assess the issue and refer on.

Past topics like this have often dragged on with VM either doing nothing or doing something very slowly.

Report the issue to the organisation managing your building as a danger. They should deal with it and/or VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@amre wrote:

Post a photo on here which will help VM staff assess the issue and refer on.

Past topics like this have often dragged on with VM either doing nothing or doing something very slowly.

Report the issue to the organisation managing your building as a danger. They should deal with it and/or VM.

Buffer6
Legend

You can try contacting Virgin Media's complaint department directly. They have a dedicated team to handle complaints, and you can reach them by phone, email, or letter. You can also try reaching out to the local council or local authority responsible for the maintenance of the street, as they may have the authority to take action on the loose cabling issue.

If you are not getting any response from Virgin Media or the local council, you can escalate your complaint to higher authorities such as the Office of Communications (Ofcom), which is the UK's regulatory authority for telecommunications. They have a complaints procedure that you can follow, and they will investigate the matter further.

It's essential to document all your interactions with Virgin Media and any other parties involved in resolving the issue. Keep a record of dates, times, and who you spoke to, and make sure you have photos or videos of the loose cabling. This information will help you make a strong case when escalating your complaint.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately the factor that is managing the building is no better in getting work organised and complete, I have called them over 20 times re another more urgent matter.
I have already emailed photos to virginmedia but will try to upload a photo here

Do you know an email address for a complaints (not a general customer service email)?
I’ve tried calling CS several times, the first two times, I was promised someone would come out and fix it, I was given a reference number for the compliant.
I called again today and was told the reference number was not a valid number and the previous CS assistant likely made up a reference to get rid of me…. Wow.
Today’s CS assistant also told me they would not deal with this as I am not a virgin media customer and refused to transfer me to a supervisor or give me an email address to escalate this.
Calling VM CS is a total faff as the automated choices repeatedly ask for account numbers etc which I don’t have. It takes a long time ignoring the choices to get to a real person who doesn’t know what to do with the complaint.
I would just pull the cabling and trunking down myself if I could reach and had the strength. Actually this would likely only be a 5 minute job for the maintenance team to fix.
In conclusion, the customer service team do not know how do deal with this.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The support team are only able to deal with a limited number of standard queries from paying customers.  As you have found, any other calls will be got rid of with lies or just by dropping calls.

Fortunately I'm not in your position. If I was I would ensure that the trunking came away now in a safe manner, so as to remove the damage of it falling unexpectedly and causing injury.  If the cables are still serving other residents, their complaints of service loss will be the only rapid way of getting it sorted. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

amre
Tuning in
Thanks for all advice, this has now been resolved. The trunking has been secured with cable ties.
I am not sure if it was VM or my neighbours that fixed it as I was not at home, but I am thankful either way.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Good. Thanks for reporting back. Very likely one of the VM customers using those cables will have requested a repair. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.