cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden denied access to Emails resolved

EMaue
Joining in

I was denied access to my emails for over a week.  It has taken two hours and I have spoken to 5 VM staff to resolve this.  Basically, VM has updated its security and many customer have not been told that this will block their email.  To resolve 

1.  Go to Settings in VM.  2.  Go the email password.  3 Scroll to the bottom to find change your email password for Apps like outlook and chrome browser.  4.  You then have to link this to a non VM email and get a new email password.

I complained that I did not have another email address because I use the VM one.  Why do I need a second email address.  I did ask why they can not link this to your mobile.  I use my mobile all the time and can add the details to the settings.  I have no problem in VM improving security but they should tell their customers first.  This is an company that provide an email box and yet can not email its customers.  I get plenty of marketing from Virgin but I would have notice an email which tells me to secure my email box.  This was poor service.  E Maue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect the email service will not be a feature of VM for much longer.  They may keep existing mailboxes, but I think in the future, an email service will not be provided to new users?  I moved all my email from VM some time ago to a non ISP email solution.  I suggest you do the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect the email service will not be a feature of VM for much longer.  They may keep existing mailboxes, but I think in the future, an email service will not be provided to new users?  I moved all my email from VM some time ago to a non ISP email solution.  I suggest you do the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi,

Thanks can you recommend anyone ?

EM

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've always used Outlook, more because I used it in work for many years so stuck to it.  However there are others, the main one being Gmail.