Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Switching off modem mode in Hub5

Hi! I switched on modem mode when connected my Velop mash system. Everything worked well, but then I needed to plug in my NVR in Hub5, as it is located next to it and requires LAN connection. Apparently, it did not work while Hub was in modem mode.I ...

plknk by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No Upstream for months!

Hi folks I'm looking for some advice.I've had this issue where I have had no upstream for a few months now. An engineer came out to fix the downstream issue (fitted attenuator). He said he couldn't do anything about the upstream but there should be e...

Lord_Beerman_0-1673087794133.png Lord_Beerman_1-1673087815089.png Lord_Beerman_2-1673087846858.png Lord_Beerman_3-1673087863688.png

WiFi issues

My WiFi signal drops out intermittently in both 2.5 & 5 GHz bands. It normally comes back after 4 or 5 minutes but occasionally I have to reboot the Hub3 to restore service. I have tried a factory reset but no joy.As it's impossible to speak to anyon...

Calyjags by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! slow ethernet speeds

i have upgraded to the gig 1 package and the speed over wifi is amazing but i'm getting only about 40-50mbs download over ehternet. the upload speed is good on both wifi and ethernet. is there anything i can try to do to fix the speed? 

Wi-Fi booster

I live in a very long flat and have the router set up up in the front room - there’s no Wi-Fi at the back of the flat in the living room and conservatory, which is my office. I’ve tried the Virgin Media Connect app but it doesn’t seem to pick up the ...

JoMG by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot get app to link to hub 3

After major connectivity problems. I changed the hub to 2.5ghz and 5 GHz.I have now lost my Netatmo central heating as I have found out it will only work on 2.5Although after many resets I have internet through the hub I cannot get the VM App tip lin...

Hotshall by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to order Wi-Fi max

Hi allNeed to get one as I thought virgin would be better… Unable to get a decent signal in the extension of our house!I have heard you have to pay for the Pod this is ridiculous considering I moved from SKY to VIRGIN for better broadband! 

Dazza78 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need helping ordering a free Wi-Fi pod?

The Wi-Fi is really slow in my bedroom and it shows 10mbps most of the time. But it is generally so slow that there’s no point in using it. I’m not sure why the connect app isn’t offering me a free pod yet so can someone help me please 

Resolved! Virgin connect

When using Virgin connect app, when I pause an iPhone from the wifi for example they seems to be able to reconnect. Not sure if it’s something in the iPhone settings that lets it do this.  I’m am try to pause my sons iphone without turning the whole ...