Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

More than 3 wifi pods?

We have a large house with solid walls. Virgin have installed the router in a sensible and relatively central location. I have two wifi pods working well left-side GF and 1F; and the third right-side GF. Leaving right-side 1F as, not a blackspot exac...

wifi pod not connecting to hub

I had virgin media installed on the 10/02/23  and right from the start have had poor wifi signal in some areas of the house, was sent a wifi pod on the 23/02/23 but pod has never been able to connect to the hub 4. I have phoned customer services seve...

Hub 5 slow

Hi upgraded last week from hub 3 -350mb to hub 5 1gb getting 1150 at hub but only 400-600mb on device done all resets can someone help please thanks   

Impossible to join

I'm trying to join I tried online said an engineer will call me back in 10 business days that was like 2 weeks ago and running out of time my current provider will take money off me again soon I tried calling on the number that ended in 1111 but I co...

Add Plume to mesh network?

I have 2 virgin wifi pods. I have a room beyond the garage (behind two solid walls from the pod). But I do have an ethernet cable running from one of the pods to this room.When the virgin pods arrived I was disappointed to see they only have one ethe...

Resolved! Problems ordering wifi pods

Hi I have downloaded the virgin connect app as I'm struggling to get good reception in kids bedroom and living room I'm only getting 5mb speeds so it suggested I order a WiFi pod I currently have the hub 5 and I'm on gig1 speeds and volt so it says t...

Booster

Hi, i gave recently taken out a new contract (second 18month stint) and i was advised i’d get a free booster. How do i get this please? My broadband/work mobile and also computer lags (theres about a 10sec delay) between my talking vs. Hearing my voi...

Lettie88 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi on and connected but no Internet

Hi I have been having problems with my WiFi for a while now. The issue is that my router is on and connected to my devices but the signal keeps cutting off even though it says its still connected. Watching videos or playing games has become a nightma...

Work laptop uploads fail

We have a hub 3. Speed checks show download speed fine, though a bit intermittent, upload fails. Other connected devices have good upload and download speeds. Laptop upload works when connected to phone hotspot. But obviously all a lot slower than ho...