Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Intermittent disconnections from works VPN

I use a laptop connected to my works VPN whilst working from home, however this connection struggles to maintain itself. I’m constantly getting disconnected making it impossible to do my job. Laptop works fine disconnected from the VPN and other item...

Hub 5 Issue

HelloI’ve been going in circles trying to fix this and was hoping someone could push me in the right direction.Move from BT hub to Virgin Hub 5 today. BT was slow but worked. Installed the hub 5 today and everything connected fine APART from my PC. (...

ferb0 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

red light hub 3

Hi my hub 3 has a solid red light but is not hot and isn't placed in a hot area is there another issue that may be causing this?  

1-5% Packet Loss/40-60ms Jitter

Hi!As the title states i have been getting intermittent packet loss which i think is linked to jitter spikes, it’s causing a lot of stutter and lag in games when it happens, the packet loss doesn’t stay at all times but rather intermittent usually, b...

Virgin refusing to send 3 replacement pods

Last week our 3 wifi pods stopped working. We’ve tried moving them, restarting hub etc. We have spoken to Virgin Media but they are refusing to replace all 3 pods at once, Apparently we will receive 1 and then will to have to call back in a few weeks...

WiFi reboot

Evening all, has anybody else’s Virgin WiFi switch off for 10 maybe 15 minutes every evening, it’s so frustrating when you pay so much for it ? 

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hello!Why am I getting ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR errors when opening some sites? for example, I would like to download a VPN and I can not open the sites, no matter what VPN provider I choose. Is there a ban on VPNs in the UK or something? Came here for...

vursic by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No wifi connection

I’m a new user to VM. My wifi is not working. It keeps dropping all connected devices after a few minutes.it will connect and then say “no internet connection”, then the connection will drop, the wifi icon will disappear and then the wifi icon will r...