Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Connector cable hub 3

Hi all. My WiFi box has just arrived- I'm confused about where to put the connector cable. I previously had virgin installed with my old housemate, and we had these cables installed, and they're tied into the skirting board. What am i supposed to do ...

IMG_20230313_124720_edit_37204016437030.jpg IMG_20230313_124708_edit_37189771174532.jpg
Madzhug by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Router flashing Yellow Hub 4

MorningMy Hub4 was started flashing yellow (quickly) and has been doing so for a few days. It drops out to slow white flashing from time (as if it is trying to reset) and then goes back quick yellow flashing.I can see the WiFi on my devices, at full ...

Ahilton2 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 5GHz nothing will connect to it

I set my new Hub5 up yesterday and have disabled the 5GHz signal because nothing will connect to it no matter what I've tried - even when I stand a couple of feet away from the hub.All is fine with the 2.4 Ghz but it seems a shame not to be able to u...

jgnotts by Superfast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi drops out when downloading

Every time I try and download over WiFi from my home PC the WiFi drops out. I get great speeds on 5G around 20MB/s but it seems the Hub4 can't handle it.I've also noticed the fan becoming pretty loud on the Hub4 even when not downloading, could this ...

Getting Upgraded from Hub3 to Hub5

Hi, Long time reader, first time poster. Does anyone here have an idea of how you can get upgraded to the Hub5 without being forced to fork out for the Gig1 Fibre? The Hub3 really isn't useful for the amount of devices I have in the home since there ...

monza972 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Network Log Issues on SH5 and broken BQM

PART 1Since mid January 2023, I have been having major issues with network logs on the SH5. Since then, there have been days when:1) the log is completely blank;2) or the earlier dates are show but not more recent ones (which had been available); or3...

Internet dropping Constantly

My internet Wired and WiFI drop constantly every night sometimes it could be for 5-15 minutes other times it could be in and out for 5 minute straight... This isn't due to your typical peak hours either...The router just sort of gives up and its bran...

Maffayoo by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi Pod

Hi,Our Wi-Fi pod has suddenly stopped working. We’ve moved it to various positions and rebooted the hub several times. It just has a constant flashing white light on it? Any suggestions on how to fix this please?ThanksCat

Cizz by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos