Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Regular Wi-Fi Drops

HiWhere to begin; I’ve had virgin media broadband (100MB) in our household for over 2 years now. Always been very happy with the Wi-Fi, never had any issues. Once we had the Volt Upgrade in September 2022 we went upto 350MB speeds, more than enough f...

Daryl91 by Joining in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant WiFi dropouts

For the past few weeks my broadband connection has been very unstable, very frequent connection drops. Often with the green light flashing on the router, but not always (not for shorter dropouts). Cables of course checked, hub restarted etc. Mostly a...

Screenshot_20230828-134326.jpg

Sudden poor speed on Gig1 Fibre

Upgraded to Gig1 fibre and initially speeds were great, getting 900mbps+ typically. A few weeks back, our upload randomly doubled from a consistent 50mbps to 100mbps, and now we're struggling to get over 400mbps down. Currently, we get 300mbps on a g...

KS24 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brown box in direct sunlight

Hi there. I know we haven't had much sun this Summer, but when the sun does shine in the afternoon, it heats up our brown box and our connections drop in and out. After about an hour, we lose all internet. Other than moving the brown box, does anyone...

Ian777 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 - Solid Red Light

Hi. My Hub 3 has a solid red light. Have tried reboot, checked connections and even pin hole reset. Still red light. Can you offer any alternative advice? Thanks

Broadband Drop Outs

We have M250 broadband which works well most of the time.However we have begun to experience dropouts where the internet disconnects for a couple of minutes and then reconnects - for example, yesterday this happened about 5 times.The status page alwa...

jlanaway by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Making it very difficult to cancel - frustration

I'd like to share my recent experience with trying to cancel my service, and I must say, it's been far from a smooth process, indeed a really pissing and frustrating experience. An agent finished the call after one hour and 30 minutes of waiting and ...

paula12 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Complaint

Worse company i have ever dealt with.Can’t speak to anyone in a UK call centre, appointment booked to install internet in our new address 26/08, appointment was changed the night before to 09/09 (txt sent after they closed) no internet until then and...

Resolved! Hub 5 country code wrong

Hi there,Please can anyone explain why a brand new hub 5 router is displaying the wrong country code via the MacBook WiFi diagnostics?I’ve tried a pinhole reset and standard reset via power cycle - it changes to GB for a second then reverts to some p...

Resolved! Hub 3 flashing green light at the bottom

Hello hub/wifi was working fine untill 12am I've had a flashing green light and wifi icon on followed all the steps reset turn on/ off check all cables unplug everything still no WiFi no know issues in the area virgins test keeps saying it's my hub n...

madara by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos