Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Red light on hub 3

Hi, had a red light on my hub 3 for a few weeks, done everything on the troubleshoot step by step nothings worked, also contacted Virgin Media who never really sort anything and I'm still having problems connecting to my Internet.

Cloudflare Hub3 and Unraid

Hello,I am new here. Been trying to setup Cloudflare to access my Unraid server but experiencing difficulties. After searching I discover I need to operate my Hub in modem mode and add a router to my home network. I need suggestions for suitable rout...

WiFi pod request

Hi,  I’ve just run a broadband test on each room and four of my rooms have very poor WiFi. Can a virgin member order the pods for me or do I need to call to request these ?

Jenny049 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Would Modem mode on Hub 5 fix this?

Information:Our house has two floors, made of thick walls, and has 4 rooms upstairs, (1 bedroom being added downstairs)The living room (downstairs) is equipped with Virgin Media's Hub 5 router offering Wi-Fi 6 technology (package of 1200 Mpbs or 1.2 ...

Re: Ordering WiFi Pods

I have same issue, updated package because of terrible WiFi coverage, and can't get WiFi pods....The connect app says I have 25 mbps at best in kitchen, bedroom and my office. Then says everything is great and big green thumbs up, but we are guarante...

Alibabe by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi booster

I recently signed up to the Big Volt bundle and as I understand it I have the availability of 3 free wifi boosters should I need them. However there is no Option to order a booster can u advice how i can get one?

WIFI dropping out intermittently

Hi, we’ve had virgin media for years and have never experienced many issues, however last month we got a new box and since then the WiFi drops out very regularly throughout the day and the light on the box is orange.I called the support team however ...

aliceg1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 - Orange light, not working

When hub 3 switching on - the main LED is constant Orange.After half a minute or minute - it set 2-3 other LED indicators to be green, then red, then off. And then only main power LED still does Orange.The hub itself does not work, does not provide a...

Hub 3 constant red light

Hi, got a constant red light on my Hub 3. I’ve checked all the connections, restarted and reset the hub but nothing has made a difference. I’ve tried calling and using online chat to solve the problem but I’m getting nowhere. The adviser’s have just ...