Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Upgrade problems new hub 5

Hi all. First post on here, upgraded to new hub on Sat, had loads of issues, eventually got most things sorted after Ordering new Wi-Fi plugs etc as the old one not comparable, biggest problem is Wi-Fi pods won’t work???? Been on a chat with Virgin o...

Being throttled.

Hi guys.So we had M250 broadband installed on the 4th of the month. And for 7 days speeds were up around 200mbs.Since yesterday our speeds have been at 49.8.This is at all times of day. Every test sits at forty nine point something which would sugges...

How do I connect to Ethernet sockets?

I have just had my Virgin router delivered and am trying to connect my PC to the Wi-Fi through Ethernet. My PC runs on Ethernet only and uses wall sockets to connect. As shown in the picture, I do have two Ethernet port-looking sockets next to my Vir...

3652579F-5076-4425-B986-070728056179.jpeg
iphelan by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Regular bursts of packet loss 0.5-1 hour intervals

I've been receiving increasingly worse performance over time with my Gig1 Fibre connection with the Hub 4. Generally speaking watching YouTube or any streaming service capable of buffering hasn't caused any issues, but gaming is very difficult becaus...

sdf.png asdasd.png
yaheed by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Complaint Tracking

Hi GuysJust logged a further 2 complaints. 1. Intermittent internet connection and 2. no 'Track my Complaint'.I logged a complaint a few weeks ago and was told Track My Complaint had a temporary glitch? Any ideas? Is it not working? When I click on t...

dunne6 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent Connection with new hub 5

I am having this intermittent connection issue since February, I keep calling customer service to fix this issue. They keep saying that i need to factory restart my modem. I had at least 3 engineer visit in my house, they all said that my signal is g...

WiFi pod not working after broadband upgrade

I’ve recently upgraded from a hub 3 to a hub 5.  Unfortunately the WiFi pod has stopped working. It shows the slow flashing white light, it doesn’t connect to the new router, and if I try to add it via the Connect app, it says that the pod is unreach...

Hub4 not resetting.

Hello.I’ve been without the use of my broadband for nearly two weeks now, and I’m THIS close (I can assure you my fingers are really close together right now) to leaving Virgin Media for a provider that actually cares about their long term customers....

AndrewDA by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos