Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 41 kudos

is this a joke?

broadband can be fix in my are today  est till 4pm ???????!!!!! how  the hek i can work and what the hell i can do till 4pm? 

Viecha by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband Outage NP19

Hello,My internet has been out for a few hours now, ran the diagnostic test "routine" on my Hub3 and after going round in circles have ended up with this message "Sorry we cant run a test on your services right now".Hub is just sat there with it's li...

Connect App - Not finding devices

  I have a Hub 5, and when first installed - I could run speed tests and see all connected devices. Now I can’t do either. When I try to run a test, it goes to a troubleshooting page telling me I have to be connected to the WiFi first - yet I already...

85871173-959D-4157-BC52-1168813899A6.jpeg 0639498D-D96C-4409-A0EF-A1ED25EA14CF.png
Drendon by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Downgrade 404 error

I have been trying to downgrade my package for a while now. But every time I go to the cancel and downgrade part of the website when I click on downgrade, it comes up with a 404 error, and it says that that webpage was removed. Even by doing this, th...

Broadband usage

Is there a way to see my broadband usage? Since I signed up in July my internet has been down more than it has been working and I’m curious to see what I’ve physically been able to use. I have had two technicians round so far and third due tomorrow b...

Persistent network dropouts - Puzzled!

Hi everybody , I'm having a nightmare and would really appreciate any help resolving this.I am a long-term Virgin customer, who has had fiber (Broadband only, no phone/tv) for years. Over the past few weeks, I am having the internet drop out multiple...

cf20_0-1694207046327.png
cf20 by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving home - LIVE CHAT NOT WORKING AND CAN'T FIND IT

I am moving home so trying to book in a move to do this. I got on the website it asks for availability and say it is available and all that I need to do is start a chat. However no matter what browser I am in or device I use I am unable to click lets...

Matthugh by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-adding a deleted WiFi Pod on Connect app

I've recently joined Virgin Media and needed to order two WiFi pods (not at the same time).  The first one was working I think, but was too far away from the hub to provide wifi to the room it had been put in (still got blackspot), so I got a second ...

ukmasey by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos