Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Internet

I've had no internet now since the 8 of July and I've got to wait intill the 24 for then to fix this issue so I'm not paying my bill tomorrow 

Daily Intermittent Disconnects

Since the start of the year the reliability of the network has been steadily declining and it's now reached a point where it is becoming almost impossible to WFH, with frequent outages causing dropped calls in meetings adn in ability to access cloud ...

mdc999 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unstable/intermittent connection

Hello!I was advised to post here from Virgin on Twitter as my issues still haven’t been resolved. so a couple of weeks back my internet (volt package) had started playing up, dropping speeds constantly, unstable connections (disconnecting and reconne...

Kazalise by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! The Virgin Media Connect app

I downloaded the Virgin Media Connect app to my Android phone quite some time ago and i found the ability to measure signal strength in various rooms very useful at the time.I now wish to again carry out signal strength checks. However the app will n...

Resolved! solid red light modem

HelloI have been having a problem with the hub3 - solid red light, this issue has been reported over the phone many times, agents I spoke had reassured me that the replacement hub would be sent but nothing...no email confirmation or replacements. I h...

Ka4 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi pods

I’m new to Wi-Fi pods. I now have three but all of them say their connection is just fair. One is the room above the router, other two are in the room next to the router so can’t really get them much closer. the Wi-Fi connect app suggests “ refreshin...

CCTV by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not sure what to do end of contract

Hi there,So my contract is up at the end of this month. I called VM on Monday since my Broadband only price is rising from 42 to 62. I am on 500mbpsI called and asked to speak to retentions. They wasn’t very helpful. They said if I re contract on the...

natty7 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

wife guarantee a complete joke

The much publicised Wifi guarantee/wifi max with VM is really a complete joke. Recently renewed my Volt contract with VM which includes the WIFI guarantee. wifi signal in most of house is v good (as you would expect with their far from cheap top leve...

MicS by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos