Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Wifi booster

I have upgraded my account which comes with 3 boosters but i have no options on app to order can u advice how can i get booster ? And also i took an o2 sim its been 2 weeks i am still waiting for the sim to come 

Out of the country and my broadband goes down.

My broadband has died while I am out of the country denying me access to my security cameras and other wifi-enabled kit. A family member has now made two special visits to the house to reset the modem/router but the service remains out.I've recently ...

Gordonwd by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to activate account

Hi,I've currently moved into a student house and UniHomes have provided wifi with Virgin. The box can't seem to connect. After a phone call, virgin said the account needed activating, any idea on how to do this I rang back the following day but got n...

New Hub 5, Wifi dropping out

Hi just received a new hub (5) every evening just before midnight it's losing it connection so unable to charge electric car as it's programmed to start at midnight due to cheaper electric cost. Spoke with Virgin yesterday and they did something with...

f_Bush by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor connection

Hi my wifi keeps dropping out the router needs to be reset 2 or 3 times a day The wifi cover i get is very poor  i have 1 pod fitted but the singnal from that is poor even if i move it next to the router can anyone help the signal in the poor rooms a...

Screenshot_20230731_081213_VM Connect.jpg
john1722 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I cancel my broadband?

I've been trying for hours now to cancel my broadband, no success so far! I've been both on phone and on chat for more than 3 hours and not a single person spoke to me! I have tried to cancel my broadband directly via my account,. but this is impossi...

WiFi pod ordering

Hi, I have a Hub3 installed in the living room, and the WiFi download speed in the room used as office only has a download speed of up to 26 Mbps in the last 5 scans run in the last 24 hours (one was only 8 Mbps) . I called 0800 0643 850 to order a W...

Where to complain - 4th time Internet down this mont

Where can I make an official complaint about my broadband service? This is the 4th time in July that it has gone down and each time it does. It's classed as a new issue and has the standard target fix of 2-3 weeks.As my house phone is also through th...

SRRAE by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub after new installation

Just set up my hub 3 via quick set up (self installation) connecting to internet seems to be fine however hub was showing a orange light but now turnt red. I’ve tried turning off from mains, pin reset but still red?Is this common for new start up and...

Ash327 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos