Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

My ring doorbell 5 is showing weak Wi-Fi signal

My ring doorbell 5 is showing weak Wi-Fi signal, I’ve had no issues with it for ages, coincidentally I’ve just changed my package with virgin and upgraded a few things but not the Wi-Fi? I’ve done everything it says on the ring website etc to no gain...

Daniejj by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 won't connect to V^ box

Hi I was upgraded to a HUB 5 it for what ever reason when live at midnight to day so I had a hub for all working fine I switch over the the to the new hub 5 wifi is working and seem to be just as fast but the V6 box will not connect to it by the cabl...

JimDB by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

broken hub and others

i get hub with loose bits inside. Also, I don't get welcome letter with info which is necessary to sing up online. Why is so difficult catch up with customer service. 

Internet Disconnected

After having problems with the standard hub 4 router I replaced it with 3 x Deco X60 It has been working like a dream for months now...Yesterday afternoon I had a disconnection for the first time which lasted 10 minutesToday I am now in the middle of...

alex2511 by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't connect to the connect app or my Sky Q

Please can anyone help me? My broadband all of a sudden won't connect to any of my sky q boxes. It says it can find the hub but can't connect to the Internet. I also tried to go on to the connect app and that's saying it can't find my hub! 

Niknak67 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 wifi problem with Iphone?

So I have moved to a Hub 5 from a hub 4 as the 4 had been replaced twice in less than a year.  I have a Hub 5 now which is pretty good as it gets the wifi signal all around the house which is pretty big.  Hub 4 could not cope.   I do have an issue th...

Gary2701 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ordered Wi-Fi pod no email

Hi, I spoke to an agent via WhatsApp to order Wi-Fi pods for slow internet spaces in my house on Saturday, he confirmed he had ordered them for me but I have not received any confirmation or tracking emails.I have tried to order them over the VM conn...

Matty7 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

TC70 Camera - DNS Setting

Hello, I'm looking for some support with a TPlink/Tapo TC70 Camera. The Camera is all setup and working when my phone is connected the the Wifi. The Tapo app displays an error that the camera can only be controlled locally, I have disconnected from t...

Symo4 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rebooting the hub

For the last couple of months my hub (3 i think) keeps dropping out at any given time. I have Sky Glass so it's damn inconvenient, sometimes it takes ages to get the hub working properly again, considering what download speed i am supposed to be gett...

Johnb671 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Connect app issues. Can’t order pods

All of a sudden after a log time with inability to find my hub, the connect app is working, sort of.My rooms so far have 64 Mb (in a room right above the hub) 27 Mb in the dining room, 23 Mb in the hallway, In the other ground floor rooms it seems un...