Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

hub 4 suddenly extremely slow even over ethernet

I have a hub 4 router which has suddenly become unusably slow (bbc home page takes up to a minute to load and then only intermittently), but which was previously working OK for browsing, until this Friday.I connected my laptop to it over ethernet cab...

rc5 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port Forwarding

I'm not great when it comes to being able sort out Port Forwarding, as I've never had to do this sort of thing before.I need to open a port say for example 10100.Truth is I've no idea where to start within the hub, which is a Hub 5.Any help in this m...

craige by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simply the worst customer service

So frustrated right now.  My Broadband has been intermittent for the last 8-10 days.  Drops for a few seconds to a few minutes but very regularly.  Not the equipment, Virgin confirm it’s an issue but never getting resolved.Just called customer servic...

leew1 by On our wavelength
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5

Still disappointing you can’t offer Hub 5 just had a message from VM asking if I am enjoying Gig 1 ; I have been on it some considerable time.

Internet access denied on website

When connected to my broadband I cannot access random webpages but if I revert to my mobile data I can access the websites???  Please can someone fix this problem.  I tried calling the helpdesk, spent 50 minutes on the phone but still cannot resolve ...

Bad network

Since about 3 weeks ago my internet has been abit behind what it should be download speed is giving the full 1gbps but the upload and latency is having issuesHad an engineer who said they fixed it but had no improvement and phone support say there’s ...

Foreman1 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Connect App - Optimise settings loop

My VM Connect App is stuck in a loop asking me to optimise my settings. If I complete the wizard I am prompted to optimise again. This is preventing me from removing paused devices leaving us without internet access. I have tried connecting directly ...

WPA3 bug found

Hi, relatively new to VM and just joined the forums. Discovered a very odd bug with WPA3 security. Long post ahead to cover my findings.Everything felt very sluggish, then today (Tuesday) I found all my wireless devices randomly dropping connection. ...

Issue with speed and packet loss.

 Attached I’ve left a picture of my router in the same room facing me and in the second I’ve left a speed test I’ve don’t that reflects the connection I’ve had for the past week. Checking with my account number says everything as it should be but I c...

image.jpg image.png
ValenB by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos