Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Solid red light on hub for over a month

I've had a solid red light for a month on my hub after Customer Services told me it was doing a software update. Today my broadband has been randomly dropping and we've had to reboot it again. It is warm to touch. Can I get a replacement?Thanks,Sharo...

Tilnoom by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WiFi Pods will not sync to new SuperHub5

HiI have been using WiFi Pods (hexagonal white version which plug directly into the mains) with a SuperHub3. I have recently been upgraded to a SuperHub5 and the pods will not sync with it. I had this exact same issue when I originally got the WiFi P...

wrwhite by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Ethernet Wall socket Help

Hi, I have a Gig1 fibre hub. I want to connect my PC (running Windows 11) to it via an ethernet cable in the wall socket, but it seems that I get no ethernet when using the wall sockets, as when I check ethernet settings it is not connected. I also h...

hasa12_0-1703802873708.jpeg hasa12_1-1703802900652.jpeg hasa12_2-1703802921632.jpeg
hasa12 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 - 192.168.0.1 Password Incorrect

HiI am currently attempting to access my admin page on 192.168.0.1, I have restarted the router with the pin, and tried the password on the bottom, (not the WiFi password, the one directly under the afformentioned ip reference). As well, to counter m...

jrttapppi_0-1675340718864.png
jrttapppi by Just browsing
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 recommendations please

Hello.I have a 1Gbps package and am very happy with the upload download speeds, and the wifi speeds.  There is ample capacity for the whole family.Two bedrooms have worse wifi speeds, but still good enough and generally speeds are healthy speeds acro...

Can’t connect WiFi pod to hub 5

Since I’ve had the hub 5 installed my WiFi pod isn’t connecting. I’ve read a few posts on here but can’t fathom it out. Seems to be that I need someone at virgin to connect the pod to the hub? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Resolved! Hub 5 Intercepting all DNS queries?

Hi,I've just moved to Virgin from Sky.After setting up my Router, and disabling all WebSafe stuff online, I got some weird DNS failing to resolve issues - hostnames that if i switched back to Sky, we're working fine, and my other colleagues can all c...

deev by Joining in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red flashing light on Hub 4

Hi there,My virgin hub has started flashing red and I have tried everything to fix it.I’ve tried to run a service check but it’s saying there’s an issue with the service and when I call the number it provides, it sends me a link to the same broken se...

Admin Password Not Working

Yet again, with no changes, my Hub 4 is not accepting the router password (either the one I set or the default). Last time I had to factory reset and set everything up again, and randomly it’s stopped accepting any known admin password. At least the ...

Synn by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

3rd Party Router that works with the Hub 5

Hi all,I was wondering if I could ask advice on any suggestions of a 3rd Party Router that has a 2.5GB/s ethernet and a usb so I could put a usb Hard drive in to make my own mini cloud service and all this to be used with my new Hub 5.So any advice o...